Picture from Cornell Ornithology Labs: All About Birds
- Medium sized, slender songbird, long tail, straight bill, long legs
- Small black cap, blackish tail, brown patch under the tail, rest of the body is gray.
- Secretive but energetic, males sing on top of shrubs and small trees
- They prefer to fly quickly over vegetation, staying close to the ground, instead of flying across open areas
- Habitat: Can be found in dense tangles of shrubs, streamside thickets, old fields and fence rows.
- Local Sightings: Can be seen at the Cynwyd heritage Trail, W. Laurel Hill Cemetery and Shortridge Memorial Park